WHAT IS A COHORT ?
A cohort is a group of students meeting together on a regular basis with structured support to optimize their growth and learning. Every course from the Certificate in Theology is offered over a period of five years, one Saturday per month.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND COMMITMENT
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TO A COHORT
- Be admitted to a SEMBEQ program.
- Be called to christian ministry and leadership in the Church.
- Be coached by one or many leaders from your Church or, if this is not possible, from outside the Church. Women joining a SEMBEQ cohort must be coached by a woman. A pastor or elder will supervise and collaborate in their training program. SEMBEQ does not train women to become elders or pastors.
- Have two prayer partners.
- Commit to accomplish a minimum of six credits per year.
- Commit to complete a practical internship in the course of the five years of the cohort.
- Commit to setting aside the time required for academic success.
- Commit to serving in the local Church in an appropriate role according to one’s gifts and situation.
- Commit to completing work and handing it in on time.
- Develop a synergy with the other students.
The student, the local Church and SEMBEQ are inextricably linked in the training program and in their participation in the cohort. Each party will sign a mutual consent form. Please download the mutual consent form, sign the student and Church section and send it to SEMBEQ electronically or by mail.